Monday, December 1, 2008

Things are moving

I'm moving, the scales are moving, everything is moving. I weighed today and after almost 2 weeks of nothing, 3 pounds came off. That's a total of 18 pounds since I started my pre op diet 3 weeks ago today. I'm definitely losing inches, I feel like I can breathe better already as well. My sister saw me tonight and she looked like she had seen a ghost. She was completely blown away. My sister is not prone to blowing smoke up anyone's ass, least of all mine, so I tend to believe her. She has no idea how much her saying that meant to me. It literally revived me for another long haul. She's awesome. Seriously, if you met her you would say to yourself "wow, she's awesome". Or you might say "holy shit that chick is scary" but eventually you would find her to be awesome.

Yes, things are moving. Unfortunately, some things opted to try and move while I was out shopping. I'm not an out of the house bathroom chick, especially when I have no idea what to expect. If it seems as if I'm obsessed with my bathroom habits, it's because I am my grandmothers granddaughter. I tend to be careful in telling her I haven't gone, because she might slip me a pink micky. She thinks if you don't go daily, then something is wrong. Then she comes at you with a pink pill, if you have any sort of hope of retaining any sort of dignity, you run as far and as fast as you can from her.

I find that I no longer want to sleep, I just want to stay awake because I feel so damn good. It's like if I go to sleep, I might wake up feeling crappy again and I don't want that. But when I do sleep, I sleep better than I've slept in years. I guess I have a sense of calm about me. Or maybe I just have hope. Whatever I have, I'm grateful every day for it.

No comments: