Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

I am allergic to real trees. This breaks my heart because I adore real trees. My husband got me a beautiful artificial tree a couple of years ago. We realized I was allergic because for years I would get sick the week between Christmas and New Years. One year we put our tree up a week early and I got sick a week earlier. Weird huh? Last year I grabbed a little miniature tree and I broke out in a horrible rash wherever the thing touched me, that sealed the deal.

Because we do not have a real tree, I am perplexed as to why girl and I are sick. She is shooting oysters out her nose and I was up all night. I took some Nyquil and went to sleep around 11pm. I woke up at 2:30pm and couldn't get back to sleep. My throat hurt, and my ears hurt, but mostly I was just jacked up and wired for sound. I started to get miserable around 5am and at 6am I took more Nyquil. I slept until 10am.

So much to do, so little time. I want things to be perfect, but I'm starting to think it's not that big of a deal. I need to wrap my husbands gifts. I need to clean the house, I need to make sure the kids pj's and clothes for tomorrow are clean. I need to make sure that I take everything I need to take tonight. I have to pull it together until Friday then I'll go to the doctor. What's bizarre is that even though I feel like dirt, I still have some energy. I'm able to get it together enough to load the dishwasher, I'm able to do the things I need to do even though I'm wiped out. Every day I am amazed at how different things are.

On the positive. I weighed this morning and I'm down 3lbs from Sunday. Don't ask me how, I weighed myself 5 times. I do have a tendency to forget to eat. Now that the cramping is gone, I have nothing to remind me to eat. I'm staying away from the goodies, and I'm drinking a lot of water. I'm a machine.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I've got something too. :( The post-nasal drip began last night, and the meds I took didn't really do much.

Shooting oysters out her nose!? Ew... but SO FREAKIN' FUNNY!! But still ew. LOL