Friday, December 5, 2008

Friday!

Today I found a new dish. I took the kids to my Nana's for dinner tonight, because we were having birthday cake for my mom and my cousin. She was making spaghetti, and obviously I can't have that. So I grabbed some Ricotta cheese, threw in some salt and pepper with a touch of oregano. I put some pasta sauce on it and nuked it. Oh.my.gosh. was it good. I can't believe I haven't been eating this. Bonus, the ricotta cheese has our new best friend (next to tomato soup of course) PROTEIN! It was the perfect consistency for this stage of the game, and it was very tasty.

I also saw a little thing of Ben and Jerry's cake batter ice cream, so I grabbed it. Apparently my body hates sweets, because one bite of that and I was sort of disappointed. It didn't taste that good to me. I mean it wasn't that it was bad, but it wasn't "worth it". I like that I can say that something isn't worth the calories. And I'm a chocoholic, so for something chocoholic to not be worth it is a huge deal. I'd rather shoot spray cheese on my finger and eat it than eat that ice cream. I think my body is finally empty of all the crap I've been giving it all these years, and it's rejecting it.

I crave healthier things. I would love to have a big salad, I would love to have some baked chicken. I want turkey, I want oatmeal. I want to feel as good as I've felt the past 3 weeks for the rest of my life.

But I should have PMS next week. And we'll see how my body responds to that. In the past it hasn't been pretty.

No comments: