Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The snack bag

My boy is in kindergarten, and each month a kid is assigned snack day. The teacher sends home the snack bag, with the little tag on it that tells how many kids, how many adults. I remember early in the month, the man asking me when our snack day was. I also remembered that back in October, I bought a big bag of individual bags of pretzels thinking that it would be perfect for snacks. I do this on occasion, think ahead.

I was down and out from the pre op diet on, drama queen that I am. I guess snack day fell when I was out of commission. On Monday we got a note saying that the snack bag was missing, and would whoever had it please return it. I thought to myself "what kind of loser, steals the class snack bag?" Yeah, you guessed it, it was me. I found it when I was going through the piles of stuff my dear husband made while he was in command of the ship. (I could write a book about my husbands obsession with piles. It's absurd.)

I considered throwing it in the bottom of the poly cart. I considered throwing my husband under the bus and blaming it all on him. He did, after all, pile things on the snack bag. Instead I went to the teacher, and said "I'm sorry, I had the snack bag". My thinking was, what if she KNOWS who took it, what if she remembers that we were the last to have the snack bag? If I lie, she'll know and my sons entire academic career from kindergarten on would have a black cloud of lies overhead. I had to admit it, for his future if nothing else.

So yeah, it was me. I took the snack bag.

1 comment:

Catherine55 said...

Snack-bag stealer!! J/k! :) Happens to the best of us!