Thursday, December 4, 2008

Two week follow up!

I made it to the two week mark. No more soup! Well, not just soup and that's something. I'm able to eat anything that is mushable. Or pureed. Or soft. You get the idea. The doctor said everything looks great, and I'm scheduled for my first fill on Jan. 6th. That should be interesting. Of course this means that I'm on my own and I have to hold myself accountable until then, apparently right around Christmas I'll be healed with no restriction. This does not bode well for me. But right now, I'm still swollen so I'm getting full ridiculously fast.

I'm not dropping tons of weight, but I've lost about 15 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Now that I'm eating more, I should start dropping weight. At least I hope so.

I've noticed that my tastes have changed. I can't stand the taste of anything but water, and it has to have lime in it. I have no desire for diet soda, tea, coffee, anything like that. I'm just all about water with lime. I couldn't be happier about it. I'm almost afraid to eat, I can't even imagine eating any sort of solid food. What if it hurts? What if it's too soon? What if I throw up? AHHH!!! Too much pressure! I bought a bunch of soup today and B asked me why. I told him I'm just too afraid still, I need the soup to be there.

Soup is my friend. It's been there. I love it. It loves me.

No comments: