Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh boy

The good news is that I've lost another pound. This is without restriction so that's pretty cool. The bad news is that I threw up last night. I called the doctor today to let them know, and see if there is anything I need to look out for. They said that one time shouldn't do any damage, but to go on liquids today. I am pretty sure it was a virus, but who knows at this point. I will tell you that it scared the hell out of me, and afterwards my stomach was sore. I feel fine today, crampy and hungry but scared to death to even drink water. I'm not good at throwing up, but the pain I had last night was so bad I was ready to go to the hospital, getting it out was like an epidural 10 hours into hard labor. Nothing but liquid came up, and I had eaten about 2 hrs before that so I have no idea what happened.

Now that the grossness is over. Things have been pretty good. I did amazing over the holidays. I wasn't tempted to eat bad things. The family got together pretty much daily from Christmas eve up to last night and I drank my water and came home to eat. I think that this being on liquids today is a good thing, I've been considering doing that anyway because I don't have the energy I had 2 weeks ago. Then again I've been pretty sick with this cold or whatever it was so that might have zapped me.

I can feel my bad habits trying to come back into play. I know in my head that eating that crap will make me feel horrible, yet for some reason I try to justify or put those thoughts in the back of my head. It's a battle for my body! I just felt so good when I was clean, I try to remember that whenever the occasional Christmas cookie or bad carb comes past me. I'm not perfect, but I'm not over doing it. The problem is that if I have so much as one Christmas cookie, I feel like I'm toxic again. Like I said, it's a battle. I'm sure it will be forever. How cool would it be if it weren't though?

In other news. We (being me and the other moms in our family)took 12 kids to the movies yesterday. They ranged in age from 4 yrs to 12 yrs old. Most of them were 4-6 yrs though. People looked at us like we were crazy, or at least as if we were going on a 15 hr transatlantic flight with no escape. But they did great. We took up two rows, they all sat and ate their popcorn and watched the movie. When it was over we took them to Candyopolis. I thought to myself "so this is what a kid in a candy store looks like" and yes, it is pretty chaotic. We spent too much money on candy we could have gotten for a buck, but it was the experience. Afterwards we took them all back to my Nanas and played basketball with them. They watched my uncle's chickens and the boys played laser tag. We cooked out, because even though it's late December it was HOT yesterday and we could actually cook out. I would categorize yesterday was one of those days that things just fell into place perfectly, and I am thankful that my kids have these opportunities with their cousins. We made memories, and we're all about memories. Of course my day didn't end as well as it started, but that's ok. That happens sometimes.

No comments: