Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

We had a great Christmas. Yes, I am still sick, I feel like crap, but I pulled it together for the holiday. Today I'm just now getting out of bed and sitting up. Thank goodness the kids have their new toys to play with and it's warm outside so they can play out there. Right now the house looks a little like a storm came through, but what can I do...

We went to my Nanas for Christmas Eve. We all wore our pj's and we had fun. I ate 2 turkey and cheese pinwheels, some smoked sausage in bbq sauce and about 8 tortilla chips with some queso. I pretty much skipped the sweets. I was worried because aftr I ate the pinwheel I realized it had lettuce in it. But I didn't get sick or gassy this time so that was good. I'm still not ready to take on a salad! My baby girl was still battling a cold, and so was I. We didn't get home until after 10pm, and my boy was wired for sound. She went to bed right away but he stayed up until after midnight. I fell asleep until the man came and woke me up to put out Santa.

And this brings me to being Santa. For some reason, my husband and I are like two bumbling crooks on Christmas Eve. I am so paranoid that the kids will wake up and catch us, the rattling of bags scares the hell out of me. I dropped something on the wood floor and my husband looked at me and in a whispered yell said "what the hell are you doing? you're gonna blow it!" At that point I felt like the tall skinny guy to his Joe Pesci in "Home Alone". We finally got it all out and I fell asleep spooning my border collie on the couch. The boy woke up at the crack of dawn and we had to drag his sister out of bed. They were adorable! They are so hilarious when they open gifts, everything was "just what they wanted". After the gifts were opened I made a breakfast casserole. I blew it, somewhere along the way I screwed that casserole up. Next year I'm going back to my traditional holiday breakfast. Then I passed out in a cloud of fever. I woke up 2 hours later, just in time to make my broccoli rice casserole for dinner at Nanas.

I just sort of existed during dinner. I really wasn't feeling well at all. I had a glass of wine with dinner, any more than that and I would have said what I think about a particular situation with my Nana and gifts that are not only not picked up in person but are for people who can't even call her and say thank you for them for the past 10 years. But I digress.

I did pretty well at dinner. I ate a lot more than I've eaten in a very long time, but nothing like I use to. I had some turkey and I ate that first. Protein first! I took small portions and I ate slowly. I had some of my Nanas dressing, which is quite frankly to die for. And I also had a little bit of my casserole. No potatoes and no bread. I then had a small sliver of lemon pie minus the crust and the meringue. No loss on that, I don't like the meringue. Or however you spell it. After dinner I had the wine. I had a glass but I offered my husband some of mine and he took a big drink. I brought home a doggie bag because I knew I'd be hungry later.

My husband did a good job this Christmas. I got a new camera, some Magnifique perfume, the latest Sookie Stackhouse book, a ped egg, and some girly stuff that he always gets me. Brushes, hair clips, things like that. Hopefully I'll figure out how to work the camera and I can download some pictures. Our other camera annoys me, now he can use it for work and I don't have to worry about needing it.

So all in all we had a great holiday. We have a wonderful family and we all enjoyed ourselves and took some time to remember how lucky and blessed we are. Now I'm going to pass out here on the couch, with all the kids toys scattered around the house, and wait for the man to come home and rescue me. He'll send me to bed with some Nyquil and proceed to play with the kids toys. He enjoys them more than they do! We have a lot going on this weekend. Relatives coming in, a party for Nana on Saturday, church on Sunday. We're booked until after Jan4th. Then of course my fill is Jan 6th. I'm so excited!

No comments: