Thursday, January 29, 2009

Todays mission...have fun

After three days in the house with a neurotic, annoying border collie, the kids and I were determined to get out of the house today regardless of ice, snow or alien. We were going to Nanas! We stopped and bought snacks to take to share with the cousins, and off we went. Yeah, I'm the dipwad that drives around with a block of ice on top of my car and gets the snog scared out of her when she stops and it all comes crashing onto the windshield. Later in the day I would get in my car, forgetting my windshield wipers on are and get sprayed with the snow that fell onto the windshield. I'm pretty, but I ain't smart.

It was divine. I sat in the house watching Green Acres, which is just hilarious to me because I know people that show was based on. In fact I'm related to some of them. I heard snowballs hitting Nanas house. Nanas house is older than the dirt it sits on and we try not to throw things at it. I got up long enough to put a stop to that. But only that long.

After a while, Aunt D came home and pulled the kids around the yard on a sled with her John Deere lawnmower that cost more than some people's trailer houses. It was quite a ride and they had a blast. My girl has missed tumbling for two weeks. Last week she was sick and this week the weather interferred. The flip factory had open gym tonight so I took both of them and let them run around like monkey's on crack and get rid of some of that energy. There was a coach there and so they did some serious trampoline time. I just sat back and watched, walked the mall a bit, let Coach Haley have fun with the kids for an hour. While this was going on, Aunt D got her Chrysler stuck in the snow and was doing donuts in the parking lot. I got my Chevy in and out just fine. Then again my Chevy is bigger, stronger and more badass than her Chrysler. I'm just sayin'...

On the way home, after 8pm, I stopped at McD's to get the kids a Happy Meal. I was in a hurry as crazy border collie had been home since 2pm in her little house. I usually never leave her longer than a couple of hours, and I don't dare leave her loose because she will quite literally eat my baseboards. She has some separation anxiety. She's just got problems.

Now my babies are passed out cold. Exhausted and happy because they had a great day. I'm just glad school is back in tomorrow. Mama needs a break!

No comments: