Thursday, January 8, 2009

Filled for 2 days now

Honestly, it's not that much of a difference. I think I have 4.5cc in a 14cc band. Like I said, the day of surgery I wasn't restricted but I was still too nervous to eat so I went to about week 3. Broth, liquids, etc. Yesterday I went to lunch with my friend and I ordered quesadillas. I took the chicken out of the tortilla and I ate it in small bites with the relish (carrots, onions, jalapenos). I only the filling out of 2 of the little triangles with some of the sour cream. I hated to do that because I usually eat low fat or fat free sour cream but hey, there it was. So basically I ate half of it, and I shared it with my daughter and then took the rest home. I could tell I got full faster, but I ate so slow and carefully that I was exhausted by the end of the meal. That little bit of food took me longer than it took my friend to finish her entire meal. For dinner last night I had some chicken salad. And that was pretty much it yesterday. Oh, I sucked on a fake Nutter Butter at my Nanas. I seriously took like 15 minutes to gnaw on that thing.

Today I had a scrambled egg and one sausage link for breakfast, and then for dinner tonight I'm not sure what I'm having. I'm really not hungry at all but I'm going to eat because if I don't I won't lose. So I'm not eating the same, but I would say it's 75% my own doing rather than the band. I know that as time goes by and I get more restriction I'll notice it more. I'm ok with it. I'm still so happy that I have this thing.

The other day I was driving and there was a commercial on the radio about lapband surgery. I smiled and thought to myself "I have that!"

No comments: