Friday, January 30, 2009

The Chronicles of Nana...It'll do for now

This is our family motto courtesy of my fiesty Nana. This means that whatever we have to do to get something to work, or to get by, we will do. Or we'll do without if we don't like it. This is never a final nor a good solution. A perfect example of this is when my mother used a cattle ramp for a back porch. She needed something high enough to reach the back door of her $100k double wide back when she was smoking crack and thought that it was a good idea to spend $100k on a freaking double wide. Now she lives in a nice custom built ranch, that still needs a few finishing touches. But you know, it'll do for now.

My Nana is the queen of it'll do for now. She is also the duchess of "let's do it ourselves", and her royal highness of "I want to change the house". My Nanas house has been remodeled more often than Joan Rivers face. Nothing is as it was when she and my grandfather put the house out on their farm all those years ago. The house is nice, she has great ideas, but she has a lot of them. Recently, she decided that her kitchen isn't to her liking, so she wanted to remodel it. This requires the entire family to get over there and rig everything up so that it'll do for now. This past weekend, I went over there, and she mentioned that my uncle had rewired the kitchen. The only problem was that in order to use the microwave, you have to turn on the bathroom light. And she wasn't joking.

I would imagine that this weekend we will need to flush the toilet to use the can opener. You just never know with her.

No comments: