Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Shut in log...day 3

School has been out for 3 days now and it looks like no school again tomorrow. We're iced in, shut down and things are getting ugly. I can hear them in the other room plotting. I heard something about ropes and "while she's sleeping". I am sure they have a plan for me, but I cannot begin to prepare myself for what it might be.

They watch me when I walk across the room, gauging my mood or maybe my reaction speed, I can't be sure. They pretend to be building with lego's but what I see could easily be a model, they are obviously much more intelligent than I give them credit for. Oh, they play dumb, act as if all they want is to play on the computer or with their Wii. But they do things to inevitably break me down. Knock on the doors and walls so that the dog will go ballistic and make me jump out of my skin. For this reason I am extremely nervous, as I may be sitting here minding my own business and out of nowhere it sound as if the hounds have been released. I've nearly wet myself twice today alone.

Monday was horrible. I took to my bed, cowering and in tears when the man came home. Yesterday their father was home, they were angels. Again, tactics that make me look as if I'm insane and imagining things. Today is a mixture of good and bad. Obviously trying to keep me off balance. I walked into the room and the whispers stop, their angelic faces look up at me as if to say "what mother? what is it you think we have done?". The occasional "I love you mommy, I really do" is thrown in to make me wonder if I am, indeed, going mad. But then I hear the Legos being dumped onto the hardwood floors, I hear them roll under the couch, something they know makes the veins in my forehead pulsate. I live in fear, I have the phone right beside me, 911 on speed dial. But the ice! What if no one can get to me because of the ice? I can't depend on the dog, the dog is in on it! I'm, done for.

No one believes me, but they will one day. When they find me in the closet, rocking back and forth with my hands over my ears, listening to the dogs bark at the leaves blowing across the yard. Then they'll know, but by then it will be too late. By then, they will have won.

Shut in log...day 4...

No comments: