Friday, January 16, 2009

Losing major inches

I weighed this morning, and the scale is showing nothing. However, I am now able to pull my smallest size jeans on and off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. My bras are huge and falling off of my shoulder, my boots are loose, and my shirts are hanging off of me. So what's the deal? I don't care if I weigh 500lbs as long as I can wear a size 10 kwim? Well and as long as I'm healthy. But still it would be nice to see something concrete like the scale moving.

I can totally feel my fill now. I get full so fast! I eat very little and I have no cravings at all, I literally eat when I remember. I went to lunch yesterday and barely got down half of my lunch before I felt it. I eat extremely slow, and I pay close attention to that first sensation of fullness. I would say that a normal meal would make about 2 or 3 (maybe more!) meals for me. Today I am a bundle of energy. I'm still dealing with the sinuses and the sore throat but there is nothing I can do but take a decongestant. I smell cigarette smoke all the time, even though there is none to be found. It's annoying.

My baby girl has a staph infection, and I'm a nervous mother. It's nothing major, but in these days of superbugs and MRSA, I'm not taking it lightly. She's not a medicine taker, so I'm having to sneak the antibiotics into various foods to get them down her. She's a strong girl. Yesterday my sister the nurse, my other sister and I all worked together to get this medicine down her. None of us are small women, and we're a strong people, but quite frankly she kicked our asses. She not only didn't get a drop down her, it was in her hair, our hair, the floor, etc. She's tiny but she's a badass. I've been tricking her by putting it in sherbet. So far so good, although she was slightly suspicious when I offered her sherbet for breakfast. Wish me luck on tonights dose.

We are also buying a new house. Which means we'll have two mortgages, which means we're total idiots. But, we're idiots who are living in a house that was fine when only two idiots lived in it, but now that we've had two kids and we somehow ended up with three dogs, we're a little bit crowded. Seriously, if you saw how crowded you would pass out. I'm ready to just get it done and get moved. I feel very claustrophobic in here. So wish me luck with that as well.

It's always something here at casa de' Mel.

No comments: