Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm filled?

I went in this morning for my first fill. I didn't eat anything because I wasn't sure what to expect and I wasn't given any instructions. My appt. was at 11am. The whole thing took less than 5 minutes. I layed on my back, with my arms over my head, then he had me do a little bit of a stomach crunch and immediately found my port. Then he stuck this itty bitty needle in to numb things, I didn't feel the prick, but I felt the sting just a tiny bit. Maybe for 2 seconds. After that he put the saline in, and I was done. I got a band-aid, and drank some water and I was out the door. I mean it was easier than having blood drawn and less invasive than a finger prick.

I'm not restricted to liquids or anything. Afterwards we went to a restaurant and I had minestrone, minus the veggies, just the broth. I don't really notice much of a difference right now. I can definitely feel when I get full. I'm having so much trouble not having water with my meals. It's the worst part of the whole thing. I'm not sore at all, and there didn't seem to be any sort of repercussions of the throwing up.

So I go back in 6 weeks. I guess I had a 14cc band that was put in with 1cc of saline. Today I have 4.5cc's. I have no idea what any of that means but there it is.

I can't believe I was so afraid! I really think that my doctor is just amazing, that has to be why this whole thing has been so easy physically. Psychologically it's a roller coaster but as far as the physical stuff, it's a piece of cake.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Yes, very much a piece of cake. My first fill was done under fluro, so it was a tad bit different. I have already made a second appointment to get another fill on Monday, just two weeks after the first. Today I have been starving, the first time it's been this bad since getting banded.