Thursday, January 29, 2009

I can't stay home

Today I was gone all day. Most days I'm out and about doing stuff. This past week I have been stuck in the house and I have snacked and grazed all day for 3 days. Today I was out and I completely forgot to eat. I had a grilled chicken wrap for lunch and then tonight realized I hadn't eaten since 2pm.

I have very little restriction, and I am going in a couple of weeks early to get another fill. I would say I'm going on about 50% willpower and I'm no good at willpower. If I was I wouldn't have ever needed the stinkin' surgery. I'm frustrated. At 8 weeks out, I've lost 25lbs. I haven't lost a pound in at least 3 weeks. However, I'm losing inches, and I can tell something is changing because of how my clothes fit. I just want to see something solid. I did see a picture of myself and I definitely saw a change. Which is bizarre because I saw one last week and I looked no different. Maybe it was bad lighting or angles or something. I don't know.

This is certainly slow. And I have been far from perfect. I haven't gone crazy but there are days that I don't do well at all. I struggle with not drinking while eating and I would say that continues to be my biggest challenge. I've gotten stuck twice since I had the band. The first time wasn't that memorable but the secone time. Holy monkey. I've never experienced anything like it, and I hope to never again. It was exactly like you read about, you are sitting there and BOOM a huge bubble of snot fills your mouth. It's nasty and it certainly keeps you honest.

But, I'm sure I'll get to where I need to be. They say it takes about 3 fills if you are lucky to get to the perfect fill. I've had one. And I'm 2 months out so I need to be patient and keep taking it one day at a time. I guess I thought by now I'd be done and would have already lost 100 lbs. I'm ridiculous. I know this. I can't help it.

No comments: