Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pre-op Diet Day 2

Yesterday was the first day of my pre op diet. I did ok, I got pretty grumpy but I attribute that more to PMS than anything else. I woke up this morning and weighed myself and I lost 2.5lbs yesterday. I'm not sure how that's possible but there it is. Then again I pretty much ate nothing so that might be part of it. Whatever the reason, it made it really easy to stay on track today.

Today has been a little bit worse. Again, I think most of it is PMS. I'm not tempted to cheat at all, I'm just trying to get by one day at a time. I think that when I went on diets, there was always the possibility that if it got hard, I could just start again the next day. That's not an option this time around, I must do this. And another incentive, I just read that the smaller the liver (the whole purpose of the pre op diet), the shorter amount of time you're under anesthesia AND more importantly, the less gas they put in your tummy. I'm all about that. I remember having the gas pains after I had the boy, I also remember calling my mom the night I brought him home and telling her I was dying and that she needed to make sure he knew how much I loved him. This was 2 days after I had beeb wheeled into the OR faster than I ever imagined to be put to sleep for my c/section. I wasn't ready! I kept saying "wait, wait, wait". They slowed down enough for me to tell my husband that I loved him, and then I thanked them because if I died, I didn't want my last words to be "wait". I'm prone to dramatics I suppose.

So now I've made it 2 days out of 10. They say after day 4 or so you hit the wall and you aren't even hungry anymore. So I'm halfway to the wall. I hope to hit it hard and fast!

No comments: