Friday, November 14, 2008

Pre-Op Day 5

I'm on day 5 of the pre-op diet. I hit the wall on Wed. and I have had to force myself to eat the past 2 days. It's bizarre because I'm averaging around 2 lbs a day, except for yesterday when I didn't eat enough and I actually gained. I have no idea what's going on with my body. I also woke up really thirsty so maybe it's water gain.

Yesterday I went to have the pre-op tests done. Bloodwork and an EKG, as usual all is well. Afterwards I hunted down this miracle protein and found it. The guy at GNC let me try it and it was awesome. Even the powder smells good. I got some coconut and banana extracts to put in the vanilla, I think knowing that there is a protein shake out there that I can get down takes away a lot of my anxiety. I haven't been terribly thirsty (except for this morning) so I'm hoping that will be the case from now on. I love my water, and sipping will be difficult for me.

Emotionally I'm all over the place. My husband called me last night at 8pm to check on me, I was great. At 8:30pm I called him and told him that I was leaving when he got home and I wasn't sure if I was coming back or not. My kids were fighting and out of control and my nerves are shot. Finally I just went to bed. Still no desire to cheat, no cravings, no issues with the dieting. I do think that it is affecting my demeanor and I hate that. I'm fighting it. So two more days of this and then the 3day liquid diet and we're on the launch pad. It can't come soon enough for me.

No comments: