Friday, November 28, 2008

I survived Thanksgiving

I made it through Thanksgiving. At one week post op I was souping it while the rest of the family had their regular dinner. Seriously, being a week post op at a holiday dinner is like being a recovering drunk at a kegger. Everyone sort of looks at you like "is she ok, can we eat". I did fine, I had my soup and I was full to the brim after eating it, the smell of food was a little nauseating to be honest. Ok, I'm lying to protect myself, it smelled good, but I was ok. I fought my niece over the one popsicle I took. She wanted it, I told her to stuff a turkey leg, she told me to chill, I told her to come back and talk to me when she is NO LONGER 7.

I was fine until I got home last night. Then I had the "what if's". What if I had just waited until after the first of the year. I would have met my deductible early in the year, I wouldn't have to be tired or weak during Christmas shopping. I would be able to stuff myself sick through the holidays. That's what I really thought if I'm being honest.

But this year, I picked me over the food. I'm feeling pretty good about that choice right about now. Yeah, I felt left out. I was 8 years old and taking my Mork and Mindy lunchbox into the cafeteria, I stuck out like a sore thumb. But I did it, and because I did it, I'll have many more Thanksgivings for it.

Again, I must stress that if I am injured or disabled in any way after I hit my goal weight, I'm kicking somebody's ass. Not unlike I was willing to do to a 7 year old over a cherry popsicle.

No comments: