Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ohhh, bad day

Today has been tough. We took the girl to get her 4 yr pictures taken. This was no easy task, from getting dressed to leaving the studio. I'm what, 5 days post op? I guess I think I should be able to run around like I did 2 weeks ago, and I got depressed when I got so exhausted and sore and tired so early. She and I usually run the mall, do our thing, and today it was just almost a chore. She wanted to look at boots. I wanted to look at boots too, but I knew I was running out of steam. I felt like I let her down. I don't know. We went to her tumbling gym and her coach was there, she got to try out the new trampoline, before anyone else, so she was all about that. Maybe that made up for it.

So anyway, we got the pictures. I was ready to scream but we got them. At the end, we had to get a couple more to fill up the roll. She refused, REFUSED. So I got down on the floor, and posed to try and convince her to do it. I have done some pretty self humilating things to get that child to do what I need her to do, and this was no different. Was it as bad as doing the bunny hop in ballet? Hmm... Probably not, but it was still pretty bad. But it worked, and we got them.

Afterwards, I sat there, sort of sore and a little hungry because I didn't think it would take so stinking long to do that so I didn't take a shake with me. The lady who did ours kept helping other people. Finally we got to pic out our poses, and paid. Then I wanted the layout so I had to wait for that. In the end, I was barely able to stand up and pissed off. I went to my moms and had some chicken broth. I was ok after that. But I definitely felt my limitations today. It made me sad, a little sorry for myself. I wanted to just get up and run after this and not even miss a beat. My body is a little more realistic than my brain I suppose.

So the question is. Do I take on the 2 giant hair knots under the upper level of my daughters gorgeous red mane? Or do I save that for a day when I'm not quite so zapped and risk it getting worse? If it gets much worse she's going to be sporting a pixie cut.

No comments: