Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pre-op Day 9

48 hours to go. I'm doing pretty good actually. I'm not at all hungry, but I am dizzy and I have a headache. My biggest issue seems to be a complete and total lack of patience and/or tolerance. For this reason, I've secluded myself into my starvation cave until I am more "human-like".

I was very optimistic about the protein shakes going into this. I tried one at GNC and I thought it was pretty good, I thought I was in like Flynn. Once I made them at home, not so much. So I hold my nose while I drink it and then follow up with a lemonade chaser. Oh to catch a horrible cold right now would be a blessing. One of those "I can't taste anything" colds. Although I suspect these might find a way to break through all the goo. I don't know why this is a problem, 15 years ago I did shots of nastier things than this with my hands behind my back. Literally. But I guess it's part of it, I never ate anything that wasn't gross for 38 years and I got fat. If I have to suck down a few of these bastards for a couple of weeks then so be it.

This is so much easier now that I've come to terms with the emotional aspect of it. Not that I think I'm done by any means with dealing with myself, but at least I know the direction I need to go in.

No comments: