Saturday, November 22, 2008

2 days post op

It's Sat and I've had this thing for 2 and a half days. I still wake up in the middle of the night, and smile because it's there. I am so absolutely thrilled with everything that has transpired over the last 2 weeks, and I am as giddy as a fat girl who lassoed her first boyfriend.

I took myself off of the devil pills that the doctor gave me, because they made my mouth so dry that I couldn't sleep. I would wake up, sip some water and I could actually feel my mouth come back to life. I got an Advil gel cap down today (thank God for Advil gel caps) and I'm off the hard stuff for good. I really would be fine without anything. But I feel a little bit sore and it helps me get comfy for bedtime. I took a shower today, it was a day early but I really needed it. I felt really good afterwards. I did get hungry as a bear, so I made some tomato soup, I ate about 5 sips of it and got full as a tic. So I stopped. The old me would not have stopped, she would have drank down the warm tomato-y soup with all the yummy flavors until she puked. But the new me just quit while she was ahead. It will be just as good warmed up later when I'm hungry again.

The big thing I was concerned about was the gas pain. I had heard such horrible things. The day of my surgery I told the doc that I was afraid of the pain, he told me not to be, they would get rid of it. I guess they did because I haven't had hardly any gas pain. I'm passing gas just fine, and it's coming out with a vengeance from both ends. It's cool though, at least it's coming out!

Emotionally, I couldn't ask for more. I realize that could change at the drop of a hat, but for now I'm enjoying the bliss. I'll be skipping Thanksgiving this year, and I'm ok with that. I'll miss everyone, but Christmas is right around the corner. I can't wait for Christmas this year!

No comments: