Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I DID IT!

When I thought that my scale was wrong, I was wrong.Which sucked. When I went to the doctor my old scale was right and I was in a losing slump. But when I got my last fill the weight started falling off like crazy. That being said...

When I started this whole thing, I had set my first goal. It wasn't to weigh 150lbs. I just wanted to be under a certain number by Jack's 6th birthday. His birthday is tomorrow and I am .5 pound under that number. So I'm curious to see how much I weigh in the morning. I had a wee ball game tonight and that's a work out on it's own, I was all over the place this weekend and it's paying off.

This is huge for me, because I have NEVER in my life met a weight loss goal. EVER. In the past I would have gained 10lbs rather than lose it. I feel like I can do anything right now.

Yesterday was Memorial Day, and I made a brisket and some apple dumplings and brownies. I love to cook, bake, etc. But I never really get to much anymore so when a holiday comes around I go hog wild. My brisket was so moist that it nearly melted in my mouth. I had a bite of the apple dumpling but it was so rich I couldn't eat more. I skipped the brownies. Which is bizarre for me.

I had a teaspoon of potato salad, a teaspoon of pasta salad, and I had a slice of brisket. Maybe an oz? Maybe less. I just know I wasn't able to sit still!

So I survived a holiday, I met my first goal, and I am feeling like a million bucks!

2 comments:

Amy W. said...

Could you please send some briskett my way. It sounds SO GOOD!

Mel said...

I would but my husband finished it off! It was really good, very easy to eat which as you know is not that common.