Saturday, May 23, 2009

Activity

I have found that I really want to be active right now. And by active I mean I want to play! I want to play baseball, run with the kids, play tag, just anything that has me out in the sun and moving. This isn't really my thing, I'm more of a sleeper by nature, but since the weight has started to really come off, I want to be doing something to the point that I fall into bed at night exhausted from the days activities. This is getting to be one of my very favorite things about losing weight, because my kids are loving it. They think it's cool that their mom wants to play like a kid with them. This was one of the reasons that I wanted to have the surgery, so that I can build memories with them, and I can do things with them. Exercise is absolutely essential to losing the weight, because the more active I am, the more it comes off. It's insane how fast I can lose when I do some sort of exercise.

I went to Jack's kindergarten graduation last week, and it was very apparent that I have lost weight. I was able to wear some pants that are two sizes smaller than what I wore last summer. I took pictures and I can see the weight loss so much in my face. I just keep looking at one picture in particular and focusing on how much healthier I look. And happier!

I set a goal for Jack's birthday. I wanted to be at a certain weight by his birthday and I am about a pound away from that goal. His birthday is next Wed. If I can make that goal then I have no doubt that I can reach my next goal!

1 comment:

Amy W. said...

Well that is awesome! I forget how I used to feel like a damn sloth...and sometimes I stop and say "look at you walking and playing...and not thinking when can I sit down".

Congrats on your progress so far!