Tuesday, June 2, 2009

PMS and the band

About a week before my period I get swollen and my band gets tight. I have noticed it in the past, but since the weather has gotten warmer it seems to be worse. I have horrible and painful gas, and yesterday I was stricken with some serious acid reflux. Last night I woke up constantly coughing and choking on acid. It was miserable. I called the doctor this morning, and since I'm able to eat and drink without any problems (except for the reflux) they don't suspect a problem. I'm still losing weight, and everything feels fine otherwise, but PMS is not a good time for me. I cannot go in monthly to have this thing loosened, and the doctor called me in some Nexium for the reflux.

I guess I just feel really full because of the gas. I get hungry and I'll eat some and then I'm full. I'm hoping that the Nexium can give me some relief because this is pretty bad. I've been getting on all fours on the floor and letting my kids pat me on the back and burp me. I sound like a Harley down there, and yesterday I spit up. I told my son this was payback for all the spitting up he did as a baby. :b

Here's to hoping Nexium does the trick!

2 comments:

loosing in 2009 said...

I have the same problem!!! I've been complaining on my blog so much and had to call the doctor today because of the Acid Reflux. I'm not someone who had reflux at all before the band. I get really bloated and swollen also about a week before I start and my breast swell and hurt so bad (is it the same with you?. When it first starts, I had reflux on and off all day and it has slowly subsided to just at night, but I'm having to sleep on the sofa in an upright position, otherwise I wake up with the reflux and my throat is burning. I'm starting an acid reducer tonight and I'm hoping this susides soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey your blog is just great! very honest! I Love reading your updates. It truely inspires my journey! Thank-you!

Please visit my blog - I'd love to make some good friends out of this cause we do all have to stick together!

27 days till my op!! EEEK!!!

Will be reading up on all your posts for the great advice!

Thanks again

Allie <3