Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm melting!

OK, I had strep throat and I was sick last week. But today I woke up and I've lost 10lbs since last week. To be honest, I have wondered if my band is too tight. But I am leaning towards thinking that it is where it is suppose to be and I just didn't expect so much restriction. I'm eating enough, I'm not hungry all the time, but I definitely get hungry when I haven't eaten in a few hours. I cannot eat certain things that I had heard were difficult to eat. Bread has it's moments, but it's not worth trying. I have no desire to drink with meals, in fact it is nearly impossible to do so. I did throw up twice last week, but I am almost sure it was because I was sick and I was taking the antibiotics on an empty stomach. I got stuck on a triscuit come to think of it. Triscuits are a definite no no. Chicken is easy for me to eat, I've heard some have had problems. Cookies, chips, etc. No go. Thank goodness because I heard that those are sometimes "slider" foods. Not for me. My birthday was Monday and I had a couple of tiny bites of my birthday cake but I started to feel like I was getting stuck. I'm definitely getting use to it.

Today I am going to lunch with my sister since I wasn't up for it on Monday. Going out to lunch, dinner, etc. is just not my thing now, and I use to love to do that, sit around and goof and laugh. Now it's just not something that I look forward to. I'm sure it will be fun because my sister is as fun as a hole in your pocket but the eating part is just uncomfortable. I feel so full that I can't breath after eating just a couple of bites.

So, the good news is that after nearly 3 months of not budging, I feel like I am literally melting over here. I'm dropping weight daily. It was worth it. I'm so motivated right now that it's ridiculous!

No comments: