Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Very frustrated!

I'm not losing weight. I've had the one fill back on Jan. 6th. I called the doctor because I didn't want to wait 6 weeks, and I had an appt yesterday. Unfortunately I got horribly sick on Monday night and couldn't get the fill. I didn't eat for 2 days and I didn't lose so much as an ounce. I'm going to buy new scales tomorrow because either my body is alien-like or my scale is broken. This is a little bit ridiculous. I hope I didn't go through all this for nothing. I keep telling myself it's only been a couple of months, but I feel like something should be happening.

When I got sick the other night it was worse than you can imagine. It hurt so bad, nothing came up, it was violent and painful. I had fever so I shook constantly. I woke up the next morning so sore in my stomach and my back that I could barely move. Throwing up with the band is so bad.

But when I called the doctor to reschedule, the nurse got on the phone and told me to come in and let them empty my band. I cannot count how many times I told her that there was nothing to take out. I was no longer throwing up or even nauseous at that point and I was an hour away. My kids were both sick with the same virus and I wasn't going to get them out. She got all over my case and asked me if I was really going to just blatantly ignore the doctors orders. I'm not happy with her, in fact if it weren't for my complete trust in my doctor, I would not put up with his staff in general. It just added to my frustration.

I have found myself back sliding at times. Not in major ways, I'm not by any means doing things that I did before, but I'm still struggling with some things. Tonight I had a hotdog with my husband (it's a long story on my other blog)and I mean after one of those I was stuffed like a turkey! So I definitely have restriction, but not like I need to start losing. I go in next week for fill #2 and I'm just going to try and stay positive and move forward!

No comments: