Monday, March 9, 2009

My hair!

OK, so I knew it could happen. But today when I took a shower, and washed my hair, and pulled out handfulls I was still a little bit thrown. Right now it looks like someone shaved a bear in my bathtub. Fortunately I have a ton of hair, and once I dried it, it's not falling out. I'm rushing to GNC to get some biotin and some protein supplements.

I am losing weight. However, I'm barely eating. It's hard for me to believe that I'm full after a spoonful of mashed potatos and about an oz of roast. Forget bread, that ain't happenin'. I can tell you that the pain is excrutiating if the food gets stuck, and it is absolutely essential that I take the tiniest of bites and chew them until the food just disappears before I can swallow it.

Last week I went to the doctor because my back is out. I had gone about 10 days earlier and in that time I had lost 6lbs. I got a shot of cortisol and some other meds and that night I thought I was going to die. I can't remember what I ate, but it was something that didn't agree with me. I threw up, but then I had the worst pain you can imagine. I'm pretty sure it was gas, but I can't imagine something as simple as gas can cause that much pain! My poor husband was patting me on the back, and burping me! Excuse my frankness, but I was blowing it out both ends. This is not something I would normally do around my husband, and I think he was just happy to know I'm capable of it.

I needed to walk around, but my back was out and I was put on bedrest, so I was torn between staying in bed and walking around. Eventually the gas pain won over the back pain and I walked my back yard. Finally, I took the pain meds that the doctor gave me, and I finally passed out from sheer exhaustion. I was sore as heck the next day, and felt like I had been hit by a truck. I've had a couple of instances this past week where things got stuck. I went on fluids and soup for a couple of days in order to let my tummy settle down.

I would say that the band is too tight, but I'm pretty sure that it's simply me not following directions like I should. Old habits are hard to break I suppose. But I'm working on it.

1 comment:

loosing in 2009 said...

I'm so sorry to hear you have had so much trouble. I hope your back gets better soon and that your able to eat a little more soon.